Official Patron — HRH the Prince of Wales, KG, KT, GCB, OM
At the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art, you can experience Bermuda as seen through the eyes of artists like Winslow Homer, Georgia O’Keeffe, Charles Demuth, Jack Bush and Albert Gleizes among many others. Many of the paintings in the Bermudiana Collection are landscapes of our beautiful island paradise, and others reflect the unique warmth of Bermuda’s people and cultural heritage.
Over the years, new Bermudian and international artists have contributed to the Bermudiana Collection, enabling it to continue to evolve and grow in both traditional and contemporary genres. Our dream for the Collection is to be able to continue to acquire additional works and to create an environment of inspiration to our young, fledgling artists who will become the future
The Masterworks Museum aims to enrich the community through art and education by:
- Building and displaying a unique collection of Bermuda inspired art which transcends boundaries;
- Releasing the power of the art to better understand Bermuda’s history and culture;
- Providing innovative art education to all, embracing diversity and financial means;
- Using the museum to create a vibrant cultural centre for residents and visitors;
- Attracting, inspiring and developing artists from home and abroad.
Our vision is to use the Collection to:
- build a diverse and loyal membership;
- empower our employees;
- inspire artists;
- reward our donors;
- nurture the human spirit today and forever.